Our response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019
Our most up-to-date policies and procedures:
Bridge Senior Living communities continue to work hard to keep all of our residents and associates safe. As the number of cases of COVID-19 continues to grow across our country, we have implemented many precautions for our communities.
Some of these precautions include:
- restricting visitation of all visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except in certain end-of-life circumstances
- suspending group activities and communal dining (except in specific circumstances where it is warranted for safety reasons and then residents are at least 6’ apart)
- screening assisted living and memory care residents daily, including temperature checks
- screening all associates prior to each shift, including temperature checks
- highly discouraging residents from leaving the community for non-emergent visits or trips and implementing increased screenings should someone leave the community and return.
- eliminating transportation services other than those needed for necessary medical appointments
- requiring associates to wear masks when caring for residents
In addition to those precautions mentioned above, we continue to frequently clean our communities and reinforce good infection control practices. We also vigilantly manage our inventory of Personal Protective Equipment to include masks, gowns, goggles and gloves as the COVID-19 crisis evolves.
It is a different time in our communities and there are a lot of changes, but one thing that remains the same is our mission to provide love and care for those that call us home. In spite of everything, our residents seem to enjoy room service at each meal and the additional one on one activities with our Lifestyles teams. We are so proud of our associates for all of their hard work and care of our residents. We will continue to keep you updated, but should you have a question please call the Executive Director of your community or 1-888-883-1796 or email email@example.com